Thursday, October 06, 2005

Distraction Roundup

I have nothing particularly witty or interesting today. Here are various amusing links and whatnot that I came across this week while procrastinating, which is odd, because this has been a particularly busy week and I've been staying late at work most nights. Oh well, enjoy...

  • A Flash cartoon - "War of the Worlds" in 30 seconds, as performed by bunnies. From a website dedicated to recreating movies in 30 second Flash cartoons performed by bunnies.


  • A slightly amusing article - about how breathalyzers installed in bars are encouraging more drinking because they inspire bar patrons to have drinking contests with the breathalyzers as the referee.



  • More government stupidity - The new Medicare Handbook mailed out to millions of seniors inadvertently socializes the new Medicare drug plan. Really just jerking seniors around.

  • Google search tips - helpful for when you want to find something very specific in the baleful sea of the internet.

Also, go see Serenity. It's the best movie I've seen in years. I won't write a review right now, because I don't want to spoil it. If you haven't watched the tv series that inspired it, you should before you go see it, as it makes everything ten times better. Email me, you can come over to my place and watch it on dvd.

Hat tip to Fark for at least one or two of these.

Labels:

<-Back to the Main Page