Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Distraction: Locksley

Against my better judgement, I went out last night to the Velvet Lounge with a couple friends to see a random indy group called Locksley. I'm glad I did, for a variety of reasons:

1) The band is awesome. Locksley sounds like The Monkees on crack - but with talent. I expected Ed Sullivan to walk onto the stage at any moment to tell them how big they're going to be.

2) Got to hang out with my friends and the band beforehand. Fun, down to earth people. Since it was Monday night and the Velvet Lounge is about the size of a postage stamp, they played for a crowd of maybe a dozen people. But they played their hearts out and put on a damn good show.

3) They handed out free cd's afterwards. In fact, the drummer ran to their van to go get them when I asked for one. Unlike a lot of other bands, these guys want as many people as possible to hear their music, because they know that once you do, you'll come out to their shows.

4) Independent artists who live in Brooklyn = Cool.

So I've added a link to them under "Music" to this blog. Check out their website and go see their shows.

Labels:

<-Back to the Main Page