Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Meta-blogging: Templates

I'll be screwing around with the blog template in the next couple of weeks as I continue to teach myself html. On my "to do" list:

  1. Find out how to make my links "expandable," like the extended posts in my entries. I've noticed that having really long blog-rolls and lists of links is pretty much useless, while having few-none defeats the purpose of this blog, to be a giant resource page for things I read/do. Hopefully, I'll figure out a way to create some sort of drop down list.


  2. Find out how to create an archive file that sorts my entries by subject. Not sure if this is possible on blogger.


  3. Settle on a style for the blog. Right now I have the red white and blue thing, with some graphics and links, which looks fine to me. But I have the visual acuity of a cave fish, so I have no idea what "good" looks like, only a vague feeling that things could look better.
Anywho, if you have any tips on how to do any of this, or if you have trouble viewing my blog, please email me. Short post here

Updates...



Update#1: Got the blog entries to expand across the length of the screen. Yeah.

Update#2: Learned the Javascript to collapse links. Should be much easier to navigate the right side of the page now.


<-Back to the Main Page