Thursday, July 14, 2005

Meta-blogging: Economics Blogs


I set up a new list of links on the right hand side. This set is for economics...


I shamelessly stole these links from my fellow Terrapin Max Sawicky (of MaxSpeak), and I'll be adding others as I find them. They are (in no particular order):

Jonah Gelbach
Brad DeLong
Angry Bear
John Quiggin
Crooked Timber
Mark Thoma
Adam O'Neill (the Lowest Deep)
Robert Waldmann
General Glut
Adam Hersh
Nouriel Roubini
John Irons/ARGMAX
Tom Bozzo
Barry Ritholtz
Tom Walker
Daniel Davies, a.k.a. D-Squared
Dean Baker
Andrew Samwick
Dan Drezner
Arnold Kling
Marginal Revolution
Kevin Brancato
Dead Parrot Society
Steve Verdon
Steve Antler
Jim Glass
David Altig
Tom McGuire
The Corner

Some of these are liberal, some are conservative. I'll leave it to you to draw your own conclusions.

I read MaxSpeak, Angry Bear, Dead Parrot Society, and Marginal Revolution on a pseudo-weekly basis. Most of the others I've read once or twice. I have almost no formal training in econ, but, like statistics, I find it to be one of the most useful fields of knowledge to understand if you want to understand how the world works (on a macro level, at least).

The main reason I have this blog is to serve as a mental architecture - to remember the things I read and write and store them so that I can always go back to them. (My mental RAM can only hold so much). If you have a website that you think I should read/know about, please email me to let me know. If I find it useful, I'll probably add a link to it on this site.

Also, I'll be building out the other sets of links, especially statistics and politics, in the next couple of weeks. Again, thanks to MaxSpeak for the links.



<-Back to the Main Page