Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm now "in my 30's"


Even though this blog is sort of dead, Some Guy added me as a contributor in 2006, and since then I've had a tradition for myself of assessing my life on the anniversary of my birth. So, while nobody reads this any more, I felt like I'd be missing something if I didn't keep my personal tradition alive. Maybe this will spark Some Guy to bring back Demotivational Fridays???


So I'm 31 now. I don't really know what I expected on this birthday. Of late, the days have been passing, and the time has been passing, and then I look up and a week or a month, or even a year, has passed. Time passes so quickly, and I don't know where it goes.

On one had I'm feeling very accomplished. I started a new job just about six months ago, which put me at the head of the marketing department for a Philadelphia-area architecture and land planning firm. I just recently gave a presentation on marketing at an international conference for my company's industry. In two mortgage payments, the hubby and I will have lived for one year in our home. By the end of this year, if all goes well, I'll be pregnant. It's everything I would have wanted for myself, except with slightly more debt than I'd have liked, and no Master's degree (yet).

On the other hand, I'm feeling almost like I'm having a mid-life crisis (although I hope it's more like a first-third crisis...) I wonder, as I go to work each day, will this be my life for the next thirty years? Where do I go from here, now that I'm where I wanted to be, and I'm only 31? What's next?

So that's where I am at 31 - what's next? What do you do when you've worked hard and accomplished most of your goals? Realistically, I know what you do - you set more goals. But that's the question - where to I want to be next? Maybe by my next birthday I'll have the answer.


<-Back to the Main Page