Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Books: Free God's Debris

Scott Adams is giving away copies of his book, God's Debris, in pdf format.

I bought and read the book shortly after it was published in 2001. After reading it a couple of times, I gave it away to a friend. I then bought another copy, and gave it away as a gift. Last year I bought and read the pseudo sequel, The Religion War. I didn't think it was as good, but still enjoyed it, and ended up giving it away as a gift too. I will most likely buy another copy when I have the urge to read it again, and then give it away when I think one of my friends would enjoy it.

Both books are very similar to having a very interesting conversation with your favorite philosophy professor. I love the Greek classics, and this was very similar - though obviously in modern vernacular (for you fellow Hellenophiles out there, think Plato's Gorgias or Xenophon's Apology).

It's not as intellectually thorough as I would have liked, but my guess is that if Adams had been more rigorous, then it would cease to be entertaining to 99% of the people who read it.

Anywho, it's relatively short and a good read. I highly suggest it, and if you like it, you should buy a copy too.

cat on toilet
God's Debris in the Making

I'll be taking off for NY to celebrate Turkey Day. So blogging will be sparse until next week. Drive safe everyone.
<-Back to the Main Page